Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Family Vacation





Dave had a week off at the beginning of the month and I tried my hardest to talk Dave into going to San Diego. Our friends live there and it is WARM. But we did just dump a whole lot of money into our new basement so I sucked it up and we decided to stay home, well kindof. We did go up to Island Park. Our friends have a cabin up there and they let us go stay there. It was a little colder than I wanted my vacation to be but we still had a lot of fun. My crazy kids decided to get out of the hot tub and make snow angels. It was really funny to watch. The cabin is on the golf course and has access to the club house. We invited our friends and the kids had a blast swimming and playing supernintendo. It was nice to have time together as a family.

The last picture is what we had to come home to. The drive home was scary, we saw a truck flipped off the road. I decided I am moving back to Arizona. Thankfully it did warm up this last week, but it did feel like winter for a while.

4 comments:

Celeste Adams said...

I can't believe there is snow in Idaho already. Your Island Park vacation looks so much fun. It is so much fun to go on family vacations, especially when you have friends to hang out with also. Are you guys planning on staying around there after residency?

Lexie said...

Are you really moving back to AZ? I thought you wanted to stay in Idaho forever!

That's really funny that your kids were out in the snow in swimsuits. crazy kids!

Miranda said...

What a fun getaway! I love the snow angels, brrrrr! Your kids are crazy. I am so happy winter left atleast for a bit. So how is your WOW hubby, or I should say how is his wife?

The Mathews Family said...

We would have LOVED to have you come too.. but you might have made it just in time for that crazy awful wildfire. Tell yourself that if you start feeling sad about it. ;) I do!

There's always the Spring, or maybe mid February when you're ready to ditch the long ID winter eh? I'm so glad you guys were able to go somewhere, though and it looked like a lot of fun. So cool that Karie got to come visit!