Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Our Crazy Lives






So I thought I would post to share a few things that have happened to us in the past few months. For some of you who we haven't talked to for awhile and since I haven't had this post very long I wanted to show some pictures of those things. Well this has been a crazy year. It has been Dave's intern year of his family practice residency. When we first started I didn't think I could do it. I was used to medical school where at least he had weekends off. Everyone wants to tell you how hard medical school is but they don't tell about residency. It is insane. I don't know what I would have done if I didn't live by my family. I love the company when Dave has all those 24 hour shifts. We did learn to manage through it. Even though I was pregnant (and it wasn't an easy one) and Dave had to spend two months in Boise over the holidays. I am very thankful for all that I have and for great neighbors. Anyway, toward the end of my pregnancy things were looking really good. Dave had some vacation coming to him around the time we were going to have Ethan. I actually went into labor with Ethan on Paige's birthday. He was three weeks early. I really didn't want them to have the same birthday and even though my epidural didn't really work I waited an extra fifteen minutes so Ethan could have his own birthday. It was the longest and most painful minutes of my life. When Ethan was about two and a half weeks old my sister and brother in law were at my house helping out. My brother in law Chris took the kids outside to play. They went over to my neighbors house and jumped on their tramp. Chris ran Logan into the house cradled like a baby and said "I think he broke his leg." I called Dave at the hospital and we took Logan in. Sure enough he broke it. It was bad. We had to stay in the hospital overnight and he had surgery the next day. It was a very traumatic experience. I had to carry him around for 7 weeks. He is doing much better now. He has his pins out and is walking much better.

Dave is now done with his first year of residency. We went to Island Park for the end of the year retreat. We went to Mesa Falls. In all the times I have been there I never went to Mesa Falls. It was gorgeous. So that is about it in nutshell. I am so blessed and am thankful for family. I made it through without a nervous breakdown. Ethan is now three month us just chubby and happy. We are doing great.

3 comments:

Lexie said...

Amy, I didn't knwo you had a blog?!??! Sweet, well welcome to the club (which I am sure you have been in for a while!) I never told you congrats on little Ethan (3 months late) Isn't having 3 kids out of control? I mean that in a good, but very serious way!

Miranda said...

Ethan is such a chubby boy! I can't believe he is 3 months old! We miss you guys, lets get together before Chris starts school again!

Celeste Adams said...

I just found your blog today and thought I would tell ya how cute your kids are. I'm glad to see you guys are doing good. I'm going to have to cherish this next year of Steve's rotations. Its nice to know what to expect and to know not to make my expectations very high!