Tuesday, July 15, 2008

Our Family


I thought I would start this blog by telling a little about our family. I wanted to start with Dave. He has been such a wonderful husband. He has always taken very good care of us. He has been the rock in not only our immediate family but with my extended family as well. He is one of the smartest people I know and he is so fun to be around. He has such a funny sense of humor and he makes me laugh all the time. He knows how to do everything from sheetrock, to tile to carpet laying. He also is an extreme perfectionist about everything, which gets to be so annoying. He just finished his intern year as a resident at the hospital in Pocatello. It has been hard on him, and the family, but somehow we managed through it and Dave really tried his best to spend the little time he had with his family. I respect and admire him so much.


Then there is me. I wish I could say that I was the perfect stay at home mom who loved every minute of it and never took my time with my kids for granted or lost my patience with them but that would make me a lier. I do really try to keep my yelling at a minimum, and also try to make time to let the small stuff slide and just enjoy my children and let them be kids. I do love them very much and would never want anyone to raise them but me. I do love to read, travel and spend time with Dave when he isn't extremely busy. Our new passion is moutian biking here in pocatello. We try to go once a week, it is our new date night or day I guess. I also love to do nails and I work one day a week at a salon in Idaho falls called the Root Forest Salon. I really feel like this is a hobbie and not work, but the perk is I get payed for it. I really love my life, even though sometimes I do cry "poor me".
We have three wonderful children. Ethan is our newest edition to the family. He is the most gorgeous baby. I told Dave after we brought him home that I thought he was our best looking baby. He just has the most perfect features. He has only been in our home for a little over two months, but he has already brought a wonderful spirit into our home. He is such a good baby. He eats like crazy and is already such a chunck. He also sleeps through the night already. We love to have him and can't wait to see what crazy behavior to expect from him.





Next I have my beautiful Paige. She is so spunky and extremely independent and very stubborn. She can make me absolutly crazy one minute and have me rolling the next. She has definitly been trying in her three years of life, but I wouldn't change one minute of it. She has the craziest personality. She loves to dress herself and has been doing so for almost a year now. It used to take a long time and lots of screaming but she would not even consider help, but she has become very good at it and sometimes she picks things that actually match. She absoluty adores her big brother. She follows him everywhere and calls him "her Logan". She would cry for "her Logan" everytime we had to drop him off at preschool. She is the life of the party wherever we go and we are so lucky to have her be a part of this family.




Last there is my handsome boy Logan. He is an amazing little boy. He is the sweetest thing. I truly enjoy his company. If I didn't think it was bad for him I would let him stay awake with me all night and just hang out. He has a very big heart and is always concerned about others. He is always telling me how beautiful I am and that I am a great mom. He truly is a blessing in my life and I am so glad he was sent to me. He is a wonderful big brother to both his sister and new brother. He has always taken good care of his sister and they are best friends. They don't ever like to be apart. I love this little boy.


























2 comments:

banks said...

I am so happy you have a blog up. It was so great seeing you last weekend. Your kids all love so great. Loves

Adam Jensen said...

It's so great to hear from you! I loved reading about your family. I can't believe how your kids have grown. I also enjoyed ACDC thunderstruck :) Adam loves 80's rock and I have taken a liking to it myself since we have been married!