Monday, December 1, 2008

A Fun Thanksgiving






We had the best thanksgiving. We had it with my family for the first time since Dave and I have been married. Not because Dave is unfair or anything, but because my family has always been so small that we have always just gone to inlaws or whateve. Well this year we decided to surprise my dad and not tell him that we were flying my sister Julie and her husband out from Chicago to spend thanksgiving with us. We told him on his birthday which is November 15th that we bought him a present but it hadn't arrived yet. So Julie got to my house tuesday night and my dad came wednesday afternoon. When he got there we put Julie's new baby Madison in a big christmas bag and told my dad his present arrived. He looked in the bad (as it was crying) and was shocked. At first he didn't realize what was going on, but then Julie jumped out of the back room and he was so excited. It was so fun to have everyone together. We made so much food, did the crazy early morning shopping at four in the morning, played a few really loud crazy games, and had so much fun. I was so sad to have it end.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I miss you guys already. I hate that it was such a short trip. I already told Ryan that I am coming for 2 weeksin the summer.

Jen said...

What a great gift for your dad. Sounds like you guys had a lot of fun.