Sunday, July 26, 2009

July








July has been really fun. It was pretty crazy because Dave had to do a rural rotation in Idaho Falls so we were gone a lot. We really enjoyed the fourth spending it together with family. My kids love fireworks. We almost got in trouble by the police for lighting our fireworks off on the 5th. He said the were illegal after the 4th. He really was after the illegal overhead fireworks that my neighbor was lighting off. I got to go to my annual girls retreat with my girlfriends for medical school. We had it in Utah this year and seven of us were able to make it. I think that was the most fun I had in one weekend. We had such a blast. We talked and laughed so much that I went hoarse. It has been two years since I saw some of them and it felt like no time had passed at all. It made me so sad to leave them. It made me realize how much I missed all of our friends. It almost made me want to go back to medical school. We will never have times like that again. When I got back Paige has been bugging me for a pet. She really wanted a pet mouse. She begged me over and over for one. I finally talked her into a bird and it was the best decision I have made. It is so cute and so low maintenance. The kids named her tweety bird and they love her.
So that has been our summer highlights in a nutshell. I will try to be a little better.

4 comments:

Miranda said...

If you wanted a pet, I am sure Gus would have been plenty happy at your house. Smart to get a bird...Seriously summer's are crazy looks like you are living it up!

The Mathews Family said...

355 days til next girls weekend!

A BIRD??? Doesn't it keep you up and drive you crazy with its chirping? Way better than a mouse, though. :)

Adam Jensen said...

It was so great to see you too! We have a great group, it was so hard to leave!!!
cute bird, it looks just like mine growing up :)

Anonymous said...

It's about time you get some more pictures up. I check it every week and am always disapointed that, that you have not updated it. By the way I sent you all the pics of Chicago. I love that Paige prayers to come back. Maybe you should answer her prayers. We are getting in a house next week. Yey